After creating a Youtube channel, consistently uploading high quality videos, and even engaging your audience, it is possible to begin to make money on Youtube. You can earn money with Google Adsense on Youtube. This is what this article is going to tackle – where to start, and the steps that will help you do so successfully.
Before we delve into how to make money with Youtube videos, it is important to understand what Google AdSense is and how it works.
An overview of AdSenseAdSense is Google’s primary advertising engine. It is used on Google’s sites and even partner sites, for instance, Youtube. Through the service, Google matches relevant advertisements with Youtube channels. This reduces the work of establishing relationships with various companies who would be interested in advertising their products on your channel, as this is automated via AdSense.
How AdSense worksIn a nutshell, you get paid when viewers click on an advertisement on your Youtube channel or even on one of your videos. Advertisers usually bid on the advertisement space on videos provided by Youtube channels that are monetized. The highest bidder gets their advertisement shown in a banner, or in a pre-roll video on your videos or in the side bar on Youtube channels. When a viewer clicks on a video advertisement, the company that owns the advertisement is charged, and you receive a percentage of the money that they have paid to Google for the ad space.
How to earn money with Google Adsense on YoutubeA single view will only earn you a few cents. However, if many people view the pre-roll advertisements or click on the banner advertisements, this can add up to a substantial amount. This means that you must work to build a large audience. This way, more people will become interested in the products or services being advertised.
1. How to set up for monetizationTo make money on Youtube with Adsense, you need to set up your channel and videos for monetization. You need to be a Youtube partner to do this. You must also check to ensure that your channel is eligible. If you live in Russia, Ukraine, or Turkey you must apply to become a Youtube partner.
a. Enabling your channel for monetization
- Go to your account settings
- Open the monetization tab
- Click 'enable my account'
- If your account is not eligible, this option will be unavailable
- Follow the steps and accept the monetization agreement.
b. Monetizing the videosEnsure that the video meets the video monetization criteria. There are two options. You can enable monetization during upload or after.
* During upload
- Click the monetization tab on the upload page
- Check 'monetize my video'
- Select the ad formats you want to enable for the video
- Click 'save changes'
* After upload
- From the channel video manager
- Locate the video
- Click 'edit' or '$'
- On the monetization tab, check 'monetize my video'
- Select the ad formats you will enable for the video
- Save changes
2. How to link your Youtube channel with an AdSense account.In order to make money With Youtube Videos via Adsense, the last step entails linking the channel with an Adsense account. The former requires you to input payment information and tax information as well, for example, a social security number or an employee ID number (EIN). You can create an Adsense account or link your channel to an already existing one. However, this account must be approved.
If your AdSense account is already approved:
- Go to the 'monetization' page on your channel settings
- Go to 'How will I be paid?'
- From the AdSense association page, follow the next step
- Select 'yes'
- Go to Google account 'sign in'
- Choose the Google account you want to choose
- Enter its password
- Accept the association
- Wait for your account to be activated
Tips to make money on Youtube via AdSenseAfter ensuring that your channel and videos are monetized, and that you have linked your channel with an AdSense account, here are tips to ensure that you actually earn money with Google Adsense on Youtube:
- Growing your audienceAs aforementioned, you need to grow your audience, if you are to make money with Youtube Videos via AdSense. Before you even think of monetizing your channel and videos, ensure that you have an audience of at least 5,000 subscribers, 1,000,000 upload views and 50,000 channel views. You can be accepted with less, but these statistics will increase your chances of being accepted. Moreover, these numbers will also increase the chances of the ads being clicked on, increasing your revenue.
- Posting regularlyIf people like the videos, they will seek fresh content. If they share the videos, more viewers will visit your channel, increasing the chances of them clicking on the ads, thus increasing your chances to earn money with Google Adsense on Youtube.
- Being professionalOne way of being professional is via creating a brand name for your videos. Viewers will remember how to find your work. Creating a website also adds to the professionalism.
ConclusionYou now have the entire procedure of how to make money With Youtube Videos via AdSense. It is not easy, but it is worth it. When working with Youtube, always ensure that the content you use is not copyrighted by others. This includes background music. To make money on youtube, always use your own ideas. Something else that you must never do if you want to earn money with Google Adsense on Youtube is clicking on your ads to increase your revenue. This could result in being banned from using AdSense, losing your platform to make money With Youtube Videos.
Ok. If you have any questions, please comment in the area below. Thank you so much!