YouTube is one of the biggest and most popular social media platforms, coming only second after Google in terms of traffic. There are millions of people who watch videos on YouTube every day. This means that if well harnessed, it can become a very lucrative source of income. One of the ways to make money on You Tube is via affiliate marketing. This involves selling products for a commission. Affiliate Marketing with YouTube Videos involves placing affiliate links in the video’s description, which is running affiliate advertisements on YouTube videos.
Some of the ways to make money via affiliate marketing on You Tube is via making product reviews, and how-to-guide videos and uploading them on You Tube. You could create videos demonstrating a product. Displaying your affiliate links in the video and description sections allows people to check the products for themselves. After buying the product through your affiliate link, you earn some commission. If you are selling your own products, you can build traffic to your own website.
Before we even get to the specifics about how to make money on You Tube, let us delve into some important aspects of your You Tube Channel that you must look into:
1. Your Channel NameYour Channel Name should be clear and include keywords in your niche. For instance, if your niche is beauty, some of the keywords you could use include: make up, cosmetics and beauty. The channel title should coincide with the target audience. This title automatically defaults to the channel name, but you can change it in the channel settings. The title determines your rank in search engine searches.
Creation of a You Tube channel can only be done on a computer or mobile site, and not on Android or iOS You Tube apps. There are two options available: creating a personal channel or a business channel. To create a personal channel, where you use your name:
- Sign in to You Tube
- Go to 'create channel'
- Check the details
- Click 'ok'
- Sign in to You Tube
- Go to 'all my channels'
- Click 'create a new channel'
- Fill out the details
2. The 'About Me' SectionAdd your affiliate link to your 'about me' section. Add it to social media channels too. To do this:
- Click on the links button in the 'about' section
- Check the different types of links
- Once the links are applied, the buttons show up in the 'about' section
3. The videosTo succeed in affiliate marketing on You tube, create videos that are entertaining and short. However, this depends on the content, niche and target audience. Videos that are less than 10 minutes long ensure that your viewers’ attention is maintained. Ensure that your videos are of high quality in terms of sound and display.
4. Social MediaAffiliate marketing on You Tube must be supported by the use of social media platforms. Ensure that you share your videos on all the social media platforms that you can.
Adding the affiliate link to your video description
After ensuring that all these factors are in place, it is time to add the affiliate link to your video description, which is how you make money on You Tube via affiliate marketing. This feature is only available to partners.
As aforementioned, you can link to a web domain from your You Tube Channel. After you request to link the channel to your site, you will need to authenticate the request before your channel is officially linked.
Here is how to go about it if your affiliate link directs traffic back to your website:
- Go to your You Tube channel settings
- Put your website’s link into the field
- Wait for You Tube to verify it
- After you get a 'success' notification, you will have linked your You Tube channel and website
- Download the video from You Tube
- Save it in FLV format
- Convert FLV to MPEG format
- Create the watermark bitmap image in Photoshop (this is text promoting the affiliate offer)
- Export and save the video as an AVI
- Convert AVI into MPEG
- Upload the video to You Tube
- In the description field, enter the URL you will use and some text describing the affiliate offer, for instance, if you are promoting ringtones, your description could be 'get a free ringtone of this music video.'
In-person videos are ideal, when compared to slideshows. Viewers prefer a hands-on demonstration. You may actually need to purchase a product to use in the video, but this eventually pays off via conversions.
If you want to review products, do some research and see the videos that are doing well in terms of views and the accounts that are attracting the most subscribers.
All in allAs we have seen, it is possible to make money on you tube via affiliate marketing, whether you are promoting your own products or services that link back to your site, or products for other websites. Coupled with a few strategies like using a good channel name, using keywords with high ranking in search engine result pages (SERPs), social media campaigns, and ensuring that you follow the terms and conditions, you can leverage you tube and actually make a living from it.
Ok. That's done! Please leave a question, and we will discuss together. Thank you so much!