YouTube has had a bulk actions menu for a number of years now. This feature is exceedingly useful for both marketers and content creators, especially those with a large database of YouTube videos. There are different tags that you can add to a single YouTube video or even multiple videos. Some help maintain your videos’ copyrights, privacy, brand consistency, market an upcoming event, or even remove comments that could ruin your brand’s reputation. You can add tags to single videos or multiple videos. Let us delve into each one of these methods, and explore how the latter saves you time:
It is important to note that tags can only be added, edited, removed, disabled, enabled or modified in any other way to videos that are already uploaded. To do this, you need to access Video Manager
Accessing video manager- Log in to your YouTube channel
- Select creator studio
- Select video manager from the left side of the page. This opens a number of features: videos, playlists, search history, and likes.
How to add tags to YouTube videosIn the videos section, you will access a list of all your videos. You can choose to add tags on each video or to multiple videos.
Adding tags to a single YouTube videoThere are 3 approaches to this: using your computer, using the creator studio app, and the YouTube mobile app.
1. Using the computer- On your PC, go to creator studio
- Then video manager
- Open the videos section
- Select the video to which you want to add a tag
- Click 'edit' under the title of the video
- Add, edit, enable, disable or remove the particular tags you need to
- Click 'save changes
2. Using the creator studio app- In the creator app choose the video to which you want to add, edit, enable, disable or remove tags
- Touch 'edit video'
- Make the necessary changes and save them
3. Using the YouTube mobile app- Open your YouTube account
- Touch 'menu' to select the YouTube video to which you want to add, edit, enable, disable or remove tags
- Select 'edit'
- Make the necessary changes
Adding tags to a multiple YouTube videos at the same timeOn your desktop, you will use the actions button to add, edit, enable, disable or remove tags on multiple videos at the same time.
- On your PC, go to creator studio then video manager
- Open the videos section
- Use the checkboxes next to your videos on the list to select the videos to which you want to add, edit, enable, disable or remove tags
- Click 'actions' at the top of the page
- Click 'more actions'
- Select the particular tag that you want to make changes to and make the necessary changes
- If you want to work on multiple tags, click add actions and select other tags
- Click 'submit' when you are done