Most of you have got the craving to save the awesome videos that you saw on Youtube, but don’t know where to begin and how to do it. Well, here is a quick step by step tutorial for downloading Youtube videos on your android device. You can also convert the video and download into different formats like mp3, mp4, etc...
#1. Step by Step Tutorial to Download Videos from Youtube through Youtube Mobile Downloader
First, you will have to download and install the "Youtube Downloader" application on the android device, which will enable the android device to download the videos. Follow the given steps to download this app.
- Download "YouTube Downloader" application from the below link. http://dentex.github.io/apps/youtubedownloader/
- Since, the application is not being installed via Google Playstore, as downloading videos from Youtube violates copyrights and security policies; this application has to be installed manually.
- Navigate to "Settings" on your android device and select Security option.
- Under "Security", switch on – "Unknown Sources" application to allow installation of the application.
- Open the "Downloaded Application" file to install.
Now, that the YouTube mobile downloader is installed on the android device, you need to browse for your favorite videos and download it by following the below mentioned steps:
- Use the Youtube Application and browse for the video to be downloaded.
- Once the video is open, tap the "Video Player" to view options and Click "Share Video" button.
- In the "Share This Video" via dialog box, Select "Youtube Downloader" option.
- The Youtube Downloader application will now open and will prompt you to select a format for the download.
- Select the desired format of the video to be downloaded and click "Next". For videos, the best quality formats are MP4 – 1080p and MP4 – 720P, and for just audio downloads use MP3 formats.
- Tap "Download Here" option to save the video on your device.
- You may be prompted to download a plugin for a few format types, but this plugin only needs to be downloaded for the first time for few specific formats.
#2. You can also use the Youtube Downloader application to directly browse, play and download the videos.
Though, there are several applications available in the market for downloading videos from Youtube, but this application has been tested and reviewed by a lot of users and is one of the best applications available for the use.
You can also download Youtube videos by using a web service available at the mentioned URL:
However for a user who regularly downloads videos from Youtube and other websites, having an installed application comes handy. Also, if you do need to download videos on multiple devices on regular basis, individual applications are available for most platforms including iOS, Blackberry and Microsoft.
Wish you success!